your Watch app on your iPhone.
• Open the Watch app on your iPhone and make sure you
are in the My Watch tab.
• Go to Workout and toggle on Detect Gym Equipment.
• At the gym, on GymKit-compatible workout machines,
you’ll see the words Connects with Apple Watch and a display featuring a contactless reader. Hold your Apple Watch
close to the reader until the watch and machine pair.
• Start and end your workout using the controls on the
• After you end your workout, it will appear in the Activity
app on your Apple Watch and iPhone, just like it would if
you had tracked it only on your Apple Watch.
8. How to Share Your Apple Watch Activity
Accountability to someone besides yourself can be a major
motivator in getting fit. If you are looking for a way to include
some outside accountability or just want to enjoy some
friendly competition, follow this process to share your activity
with others via the Apple Watch.
• Open the Activity app on your iPhone and then select
• Tap the +, enter the contact’s name in the To field, and
then tap Send.
• Once your friends have accepted your invitation to share
activity, you can monitor each other’s progress and send
encouraging messages via the Activity app!
9. How to Add Music to the Apple Watch
Music is a great way to make workouts easier and more effective. When you can get lost in music, the time passes more
quickly. Playing music directly from your Apple Watch means
you can work out without the extra bulk of your iPhone.
If you have a cellular-enabled Apple Watch, you can use it
to stream music without syncing music to the watch. If you
don’t have an Apple Watch with cellular capabilities or simply
would like to avoid using your watch’s cellular data, you can
sync music from your iPhone to your Apple Watch so you can
play music on your watch offline. You will need to plan ahead
and sync the music from your iPhone when your Apple Watch
• To sync music from your iPhone, first choose an existing
playlist or create a new playlist in the Music app on your
• Next, make sure your iPhone and your Apple Watch are
paired via Bluetooth and put your Apple Watch on its charger.
• On your iPhone, open the Watch app and in the My
Watch tab, tap Music > Add Music and select the album
or playlist you want to sync.