68 iPhone Life Fall 2018
are in the My Watch tab. Scroll down and tap Workout.
• From there, go to Workout View.
• Here, make sure Multiple Metrics is selected. This will
allow you to see more than one metric while you are working out. Next, select the workout type for which you’re
customizing the metrics.
• Tap Edit.
• Add metrics by tapping the green circle next to the metric type. Remove metrics by tapping the red circle. You can
select up to five metrics. When you are finished, tap Done.
6. How to Add a Workout Shortcut to Your
If you work out a lot, finding and opening the Workout app
every time gets old, fast. Adding a shortcut (a.k.a. a compli-
cation) to the Workout app to your watch face allows you to
open the Workout app right from the watch face. You can eas-
ily st up a shortcut to the Workout app right from your Apple
Watch. Just follow these simple steps:
• Hard press the watch face on your Apple watch.
• Stick with your current watch face or swipe through the
watch faces until you come to one you like.
• Tap customize, and then swipe left on the face until you
reach the final screen of customization options. That will
be your complications menu.
• Choose one of the complication locations on the watch
face and tap it.
• Rotate the Digital Crown until you find the Workout
• Press the Digital Crown again to exit the customization
menu and then press it again to finish.
• Now you can go straight to the Workout app from the
watch face by tapping the icon for the Workout complication.
7. How to Sync Your Watch to Your Gym’s
When there is compatible gym equipment within range,
you can use Apple Watch GymKit to transfer data both to and
from the elliptical, rowing machine, stationary bike, or other
equipment that you are using. Before you can use this feature, you should enable the Detect Gym Equipment setting in