1. How to Track a Workout in the Apple
Watch Workout App
Before you can use any of the other tips in this article, you
need to know how to start and stop tracking a workout on
your Apple Watch.
To start a workout:
• Tap the Workout app icon from your Apple Watch Home
• Scroll through the list of workout types to find the one
• There are four ways to track a workout: with an open
goal, by calories, by time, or by distance (distance will only
appear with workouts like running, walking, or cycling).
• Tap on the workout name if you want to use the tracking
metric shown below the workout name. The workout will
• Tap on the ellipsis in the upper right to change the tracking metric.
• Tapping Open Goal will start the workout. Otherwise,
tap on your preferred tracking metric and adjust the number of calories, minutes, or miles you’re aiming for by turning the Digital Crown, and then press Start.
• When you are finished with your workout, swipe right
on your watch face and tap End.
2. How to Add Another Activity to Your Apple
Want to cool off after your run with a relaxing yoga session
or follow your strength-training session with some cardio?
Guide: 12 Best
by Becca Ludlum
he Apple Watch has many awesome
features and capabilities. One of the
standout features of the Apple Watch is
the Workout app. These 12 fitness-tracking tips can help you achieve a
better level of physical and mental
health by making full use of the Workout
app on the Apple Watch.